Monday, January 16, 2006

Plans for 2006

I’ve said on my personal blog that I’m going to resurrect Eight Cents this year, so this is the first step in that process.  Here’s the thing:  as I’ve said before, I wish this was something I could do full-time, but since it isn’t I’m going to make a few changes to the way I do reviews.  I don’t know if the other guys will follow suit, but only time will tell.  I’ll be sticking mostly with TV and music here.  As you know, there’s only a couple of times a year when there’s even any reviews to write when it comes to TV, and when that happens, there’s no time to do all the full-length reviews for all the new shows.  So what I’m going to try to do during that time is a weekly column featuring mini-reviews for any new shows along with any other thoughts I have on TV for that week.  I say “mini-reviews”, but if there’s anything of merit that actually warrants a full-length review, I’ll do that too.  During the time when there aren’t new shows to review, I’ll write a few TV and music columns, and knock out a few album reviews.  The columns on this site will most likely show up toward the end of the week (Friday-Sunday) so that I have a full week to absorb the media.  Oh—and as a side note, I’ll be updating the archives as well.  They’re pretty out of date.  So that’s my two cents for now.  Hopefully I’ll be seeing you more often here.

Blogarama