Thursday, March 02, 2006

Trailer Park: March 2, 2006

Exciting:

The Sentinel: In my book, an action movie that centers on the Presidency that stars Kiefer Sutherland automatically gets an “exciting” rating. “24” has given him that right. Anyway, Kiefer and Michael Douglas are in the secret service, and someone inside is plotting to kill the President. Not the most original plot ever, but the acting has potential to make this really good.

A Scanner Darkly: I wouldn’t normally rate a movie up here solely on technology, and I’m not doing that here either, but it’s got a lot to do with it. You know those insurance commercials where the people are animated, but not really? No? Just click on the link and you’ll see what I mean. The trailer is awesome, and the movie looks like a real trip.

Unknown White Male: A documentary about a guy who gets amnesia and can’t remember anything at all. This looks absolutely fascinating.

Intriguing:

Illusion: Kirk Douglas plays an old director who watches his son’s life play out on a movie screen…this must be some sort of dream, right? It actually looks pretty interesting.

The Real Dirt on Farmer John: Wow. Another documentary here…this one about a farmer who…has some strange goings on at his farm, and the locals think that the happenings are a lot more sinister than they really are. Looks…interesting.

Ask the Dust: Colin Farrell and Selma Hayek are fantastic when they’re in the right situation, and this looks pretty promising. It’s a love story set in the 1930s. There’s not too much more to say, really. It just looks like a pretty good movie.

I Don’t Know…:

Basic Instinct 2: Surprisingly, this looks like it just might be a decent suspense thriller. Unfortunately, as is the case with many trailers, this one gives away probably the first 75% of the movie. Another thing is, I’m not sure why we really need this sequel. Did the first Basic Instinct leave anything unresolved? No, seriously. I can’t remember.

Open Season: These days, most animated films are usually at least watchable with a few funny moments. The reason I’m not quite putting this one up a level is because the main character (a bear) is voiced by the decidedly unfunny Martin Lawrence. Seriously, I can’t remember the last time I laughed at something he was involved in. Maybe “Martin”, when I was 13. Also, when are animation studios (Sony’s the culprit this time) besides Pixar going to realize that big names doing your voices doesn’t equal a good movie? This one stars Lawrence, Ashton Kutcher, Debra Messing, and Gary Sinise. I’m also pretty sure I heard Billy Connelly in the trailer.

Okay, This Just Looks Bad:

Surprisingly enough, I have nothing to put here for this round.

Blogarama